Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you are joining a team of makers, innovators and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don’t just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in – the roads, hospitals, homes and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customer’s needs. Join us.
This is a Supervisory position that will be responsible for managing a production schedule, technicians and overall performance of designated value stream. You will be responsible for meeting goals for People, Quality, Velocity and Cost that support a 24/7 operation.
Personnel: Up to 25+ team members as direct reports
- Monitor and improve safety on the shop floor; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean product environment.
- Determines processing needs to assure fixtures, tooling and methods are provided to meet schedules and production requirements.
- Daily tie-in with production management to designate work load, priorities and sequence for work assigned.
- Determines overtime need, determines priorities when resources are insufficient, and decides when disciplinary action is necessary.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency. Works to improve processes, timeliness and reduce costs by eliminating non-value added activities.
- Ensures the quality of product produced and conforms to Caterpillars Quality Policy while maintaining cost.
- Ensure necessary parts and materials are ordered and distributed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Implement various corporate initiatives such as 5S, Lean Manufacturing, 6 Sigma, CQMS/ISO certification, etc.
- Responsible for training and development of staff, time keeping, estimating personnel needs, assigning work, meeting completion dates, and ensuring consistent application of organizational needs.
Adheres to established standards, policies and practices relating to quality, cost reduction, safety, ergonomics, affirmative action, etc. in performing assigned duties.
Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Requires at least 3 - 4 years of shop floor experience and have a mechanical aptitude.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of processes and tools, machine shop operations, equipment and processes plus familiarity with materials and quality objectives.
- A college degree or its equivalent is required for this position.
- 3 - 4 years prior experience in strategic planning and supervisory experience is desirable.
- Good human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department.
- Must be proficient with all Microsoft office products.
- Must be willing to work outside of normal work hours including overtime and alternate shifts.
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career. Our teams are critical to the success of our customers who build a better world.
Here you earn more than just a monthly salary because we value your performance. We offer a total rewards package based on your yearly performance rating and corporate results.
- employment based on a contract of employment
- the possibility of training and development
- social system
- co-financing of the sports card
- co-financing of the medical care
- co-financing of the lunching package
- additional life insurance