We have more than 1800 colleagues in Poland, supporting our business in all global regions. Our Global Delivery Center (GDC) engineers in Krakow and Warsaw office collaborate on the design and delivery of local and global projects in the fields of engineering, design and construction. Our Global Business Services (GBS) specialists provide global support and expertise in the fields of Accounting, Procurement, IT, HR and Graphic Design.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As an Intern, you will be joining the in-house corporate accounting department in one of the best engineering companies. You will take first steps of your career under a supervision and with support of experienced Accountants.
- Downloading invoices submitted to AP mailboxes and scanning them into Optical Character Recognition tool
- Filling in information listed on the supplier invoices and on relevant forms within supplier invoice workflow and approval tool or in Optical Character Recognition tool
- Assigning approvers and routing supplier invoices to them for approval
- Checking vendor invoices with the purchase orders/agreements and entering them by ascertaining the correct expenses to be accounted
- Entering approved invoices into Oracle
- Assisting with payment for the above processed invoices by performing the routine, simple tasks in this area
- Answering to basic, routine questions submitted by AP internal/external customers
- Performing other tasks that fall under responsibility of AP department, that do not require previous experience or extensive training, as requested by more senior team members or team leader
- While performing the above tasks, follow clearly defined work instructions or standardized procedures, practices and and techniques
- Very basic work experience gained through previous work in accounting or in an international work environment, supported by any specialized skills relevant for a specific AP area
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, especially MS Excel
- Theoretical knowledge or formal education in Accounting field not required
- Availability to work 35+ hours per week.
- 3 months paid internship (contract of services) with the possibility of extension
- A unique opportunity to work closely and directly with experienced Accountants
- Internal trainings, possibility to get familiar with Oracle system and other accounting software
- Opportunities to develop your career in a dynamic, growing team
- Great working atmosphere